In 2012, the new chaos space marine codex was reviewed. Warpstone Flux took an indepth look at all the options contained within the new codex, gathered together under the CSMin6thReviews label. These posts were, naturally, very popular with readers and were the most read articles on Warpstone Flux this entire year. But which of them topped the reading charts?
In reverse order, the top 5 were:
5. Chaos Terminators. The changes to the rules see chaos terminators as popular as ever: they're still cheaper than the loyalists, but there are shortcomings by comparison, yet they're highly customizable. What battlefield role would you like them to execute?
4. Heldrake. Its new. Its being talked about extensively. And I hope many other chaos players got one from Santa. He's going to be awesome I think. Except I still think the name should have two "l"s in it.
3. Daemon Prince. Despite a power drop in comparison to the previous codex, the daemon prince clearly remains popular. I'm saddened at how the daemon prince has gone down myself, but its still got a place in my heart.
2. Chaos Space Marines troops themselves score second place. The bread and butter of the chaos force (even despite the cultist option) remains exceptionally popular.
1. Chaos Lord. Naturally, one of the cheapest and most customizable HQ selections out there, the chaos lord topped readers interest in 2012. There's so many ways to think about the humble(?) chaos lord, that its no surprise that this review was so popular.
There were a few other CSM posts that were also highly popular, particularly the rumours and early image leak discussions (e.g., challenges in the new codex and dark apotheosis). Indeed, dark apotheosis would have topped this chart if I'd have put the CSMin6thReviews label on it!