The theme for this month's army list challenge is barren terrain. Yep - you heard it right. There is no scenery because the tournament organisers forgot / best mates don't own any / the game was far too impromptu to include any (delete as appropriate or leave a comment to let the rest of us know how/why this ever happened to you). So, what sort of army should you field in this situation? Lots of tanks with high armour value? A wall of rhinos? Fast moving bikers? Or something else? The only cover you're getting is from your own troops...
(1) Design a 1500 points army list from any codex to take on this challenge.
(2) Post your army lists as a comment to this posting and why the army list is effective and is themed to the scenario.
(3) Entries close at 01:00 GMT on September 14th.
(4) On that same day, I'll open a poll for Warpstone Flux readers to judge which army list they consider to be the "most effective army list that also best articulates the theme" (whatever readers interpret that to mean) out of all entrants.
(5) The winner will be tallied and announced on September 21st (and entered in to the hall of fame!).
(6) One entry per person please.
Remember that there are no prizes for these contests, beyond kudos, honour and entry in to the hall of fame.