Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rumours: Chaos Space Marines

By now, a large fraction of the community will be aware of the rumours about the new chaos space marines codex reported by Blood of Kittens and re-posted by Bell of Lost Souls.

In acknowledging that these ARE rumours, I wanted to share my thoughts about them.


Troops choices will be Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
=> No worries about this and nice to see a return of cultists.  I wonder if there are going to be plastic cultist models available?  These could be a good seller for Games Workshop (i.e. low points cost troops that are fielded in large numbers). 


All Cult Marines are Elites
=> Hmmmmm.  Not too sure how I feel about this. Clearly an HQ choice will "unlock" these to be troops choices, but what will the Black Legion do?  Will Abaddon "unlock" all elite choices?  What happened to a "legions codex"?


No new Special Characters 
=> Chaos space marines already have plenty of special characters, so this is not a surprise.  With customizable lords, there really isn't too much reason to add new characters to the party either.


Special Characters will unlock Cult Marines as troops (Kharn for Berserkers and so on) 
=> Predictable, yes.  But I don't want every Death Guard army to be lead by Typhus (etc.).  I hope that generic lords or daemon princes will have this "unlock" available as well, but I'm doubting it.  Again: legions please.

Typhus makes Cultists into Zombies=> Fine with me!  But will there be zombie parts supplied with the cultists?  Probably not, so I might stock up on zombie parts soon!



Chaos Dreadnaught is removed and replaced with a new unit (like how pariahs were replaced with Lychguard)=> Yikes!  What'll happen to all those glorious Forge World models that are available?


CSM now get a Flyer a Mechanical Chaos Dragon (model is done will be part of initial release)=> A flyer was predictable given all the previous rumours.  But a mechanical dragon is a bit "meh" for me.  I'll wait to see what the model looks like, and the rules.


Lesser and Greater Demons are gone=> Disappointing.  Khorne Berzerkers with Bloodletters is cool.  Separating the two (without Apocalypse, or equal) makes me sad. Perhaps there'll be some new rule in the 6th edition about mixing codexes.


Spawn replaced by “Fell Beast” 
=> Interesting.  I like the convertability of the current spawn model and the extra bits available.  But a fell beast does sound cool.


Rules for Traitor Guard are in!
=> Mixed feelings -- good that they're in; but what was wrong with teaming up with the imperial guard codex?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eh. I'm not too excited by this latest round of rumors. And I don't buy into them completely. Doesn't make sense to me to remove the dreadnoughts or daemons -- both are natural elements of a CHAOS SPACE MARINE force. I think that's bogus. Someone's just trying to get us riled up! if they are true i hope whoever i play with doesn't mind me using the old, much cooler codex!

Damn The Valley said...

The only thing that truely bothers me is the statement of their being no new characters. I was hoping that they would add a few so that there would be atleast one for each of the 9 Legions, and maybe a Renegade IG dude and even a Dark Mechanicum mother trucker, but we'll see. I play Death Guard, so I already have Typhus so I'll survive, but it would be nice to see some new faces.

jabberjabber said...

Yes - I concur. I'm witholding final judgement until reading the codex and treating these rumours with a generous grain of salt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries