The April 2011 Army List Challenge is about making the most of something that is potentially weak.
For this challenge, you need to select (and justify) what you think is the weakest unit in your chosen codex and build a themed 1500 points army around that particular unit. Your selected unit must be the primary feature or theme of the army list, though.
So if you're a chaos player like myself, could you come up with an army that is centred around (e.g.) units of Chaos Spawn or Possessed (both of which are regarded as sub-par choices in the aging chaos codex)? As an example: perhaps Fabius Bile has "enhanced" multiple squads of possessed marines?
(1) Design a 1500 points army list from any codex to take on this challenge.
(2) Post your army lists as a comment to this posting and suggest why you've chosen the particular unit you have to build around (i.e. why they're weak!) and why the army list still works and is themed.
(3) Entries close at 01:00 GMT on March 14th.
(4) On that same day, I'll open a poll for Warpstone Flux readers to judge which army list they consider to be the "most effective army list that also best articulates the theme" (whatever readers interpret that to mean) out of all entrants.
(5) The winner will be tallied and announced on March 21st (and entered in to the hall of fame!).
(6) One entry per person please.
Remember that there are no prizes for these contests, beyond kudos, honour and entry in to the hall of fame.