Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thallax Assembly #3

The final member of my Thallax squad today. This one features a plasma-fusil weapon on the left arm and a head slightly tilted to one side as if quizzically looking at those space marines that he's computing how best to most efficiently vaporise. 

Having a head at a slightly different angle is one of the most simple conversions possible to do, and is actually one of my favourite little tweaks to apply to a model to give it a bit of character. I've written about this subject before in the context of other miniatures (daemons in particular). With the mechanicum miniatures, such an approach gives them a slight aura of menacing automata. Almost a B-class movie villain in some regards perhaps! Well, that was what I was trying to aim for, its just a subtle tilt here though.

Overall, a nice miniature, but one that I have struggled to attach the piping from the rear of the gun to the torso with. I think I'll be using some guitar wire, or will be cutting the supplied piping down a fair bit.


2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

This is my favourite pose so far. And the Plasma Fusil looks hardcore, nice.

jabberjabber said...

Thanks mate -- much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries