Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Warhound Titan Torso

The long weekend allowed me to finally get the torso of my Warhound Titan glued and pinned together. Due to slight warpage of the parts, there is a 1mm to 2mm gap in some of the parts. This is nowhere near as serious as I experienced with the Storm Eagle recently, and will be readily hidden in the final model when the outer plates are placed on to it. 

I'm also very glad that I painted the interior of the titan's torso as there's no way I could do it now all the pieces are assembled together!

This model is really coming together now. The legs will be attached soon and then its on to the finishing pieces as well as the weapons. 



In terms of advice, I think the toughest part of the model so far has been the removal of some of the excess resin. On the second image, it is possible to see the after effects of sawing off a sizeable chunk. This is just hard work rather than anything else though. The backplate vent will go over the top of this sawn off segment and hide and minor protuberance. I'd recommend giving yourself a little leeway with the sawing so that you don't slice in to the surrounding resin. 

The final thing I would say is that there is a lot of mass (weight) in the upper torso of this beast. Hence a good amount of pinning is going to be needed to secure the downward force at the hips. Therefore, ensure that the groin segment (seen in the second image) is pinned not only so that it slots in to the torso, but also so that it cannot rotate around. I know that this will make the model tough to transport around, but I don't plan on using it much outside my own home and with close gaming friends.


2 comments:

The GunGrave said...

Looking good. Now you've got that done it should come together wuite quickly! Looking forward to seeing more

jabberjabber said...

Its getting very close now! More updates to follow when I get time to advance the build further :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries