Monday, May 9, 2016

Freehand Alpha Legion Iconography

I really don't know why I put myself through this. I should just purchase the transfer sheet from Forge World for the Alpha Legion and be done with it I think.

But over the weekend, the thought popped in to my head "you don't need an expensive transfer sheet! You could just paint it yourself!" And so begins the pain.

For this bit of freehand, I just applied a few dots for the tip and corners of the "A" and the extreme edges of the Omega and proceeded to connect them up. I made the right side of the "A" slightly thicker to give the impression of a certain font, and then proceeded to go over this several times with progressively lighter colours. A final coat of gunmetal blue provided the clear division between the weave of the letters. 

Overall, its not so bad for the first bit of freehand I've applied in a long while, but I clearly need to improve my game a little bit on this front!


2 comments:

Rob-not-steve said...

When I sat down with my fluff pad for my Alpha Legion army and conceived that they would have no iconography so that they could easily pass themselves off as another chapter, this was inspired a lot by the hassle of adding transfers let alone freehand!

I salute you sir and you're doing a damn fine job!

jabberjabber said...

That's a really good way to think about the Alpha Legion -- I like it! And wished I'd have thought of it before I started down this route lol!

Not sure I deserve your salute, but it is much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries