It has been a little while - and sorry for the delay to my regular readers. To avoid burn-out on the hobby, I am not going to be posting ~daily any longer, but will be posting at a more leisurely rate from herein.
For today's post, I wanted to share what an Imperial Termite (also known as the Terror Pattern Termite Assault Drill, but I'm old school) looks like fresh out of the box. In the image below, I have made no cuts, no adjustments, and not even washed the parts. They are literally raw out of the box and laid out on a table for inspection.
As can be seen, there is plenty of little issues here. They range from the large amounts of flash (thin films of resin) seen in the upper left part of the image wherein a large portion of the (open) door is covered by the flash, through to little minor warps, and a couple of air bubbles here an there. I would say that the amount of air bubbles that I encounter in Forge World's resin is much reduced these days compared to when I started collecting their products. And that is to be commended. There is still a fair amount of work in this particular kit to be carried out though. I will start it off with a thorough and good wash in warm soapy water with an old toothbrush to get rid of the releasing agent that I spotted on a couple of surfaces.
Other than that, this build looks - in principle - like it will be a straight forward one. I hope that I will be proved right.
Army wise, this termite will serve as a flexible extension to my Alpha Legion forces. I very much like the idea of death from below AND above used in conjunction with one another. It seems rather fitting for an Alpha Legion force to be honest.