Saturday, May 17, 2014

Games Workshop Kingston-Upon-Hull

If you're in to soccer, you're probably talking about Hull (properly: the city of Kingston-Upon-Hull) for other reasons today.  But today, I'm posting about my mystery customer experience of the Games Workshop there following my travels around...

Physically, the store is located a short walk from the Paragon station train and bus interchange. The public transport in this region (East Riding of Yorkshire) is good and Hull seems to be the terminus of a great number of routes. Not that surprising given the geography of the city, being right on the East coast of England. In some ways, Hull is not a city that is visited by accident since it is at the end of the line. But the city itself is excellent and much under-rated by people who have never been there. Not without reason did it score "capital of culture 2017" for England.

The store itself is deep, but thin like a number of other Games Workshop stores I've visited. That's not a bad thing at all. The gaming tables and stock are up to date and the displays are excellent (but then, so are other stores).

My only grumble realistically were the opening hours. On a number of days in the week, the store does not open until waaaayyy after 9am. Although I can probably see the logic behind this (their customer base probably are not morning owls and they'd like to stay open late to conduct games and have school age children in after school rather than open early), I personally much prefer stores opening between 9 and 10am given a choice. Other than that, I was quite impressed with the store and the city itself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My closest store ;) I used to game there when I was younger in the veterans club when it existed.

They changed the opening hours on most of the one man stores, most don't open til at least 10 or 11 now, and are closed Mondays and Tuesdays,

jabberjabber said...

Yeah -- you're right about the changing of the opening hours of smaller stores -- the same is happening in many locales.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries