Welcome to the August Army List Challenge. This month, its about facing off against another army on a high gravity world. What does that mean in practical terms? Well, your supreme lord commander has dictated that thou shalt not use any armour (as they'd simply get stuck in the mud). But in addition, anything with a jump pack can only move as per regular infantry, and all terrain is treated as difficult terrain. In short: the maximum that anyone can move per turn is dependant on a die roll. (Unless you're a crafty eldar player (or similar) with anti-grav technology ... that'd be perfect for this situation). Sounds like your supreme lord commander is going to deploy an all-infantry army...
(1) Design a 1500 points army list from any codex to take on this challenge.
(2) Post your army lists as a comment to this posting and why the army list is effective and is themed to the scenario. Extra kudos to lists that avoid anti-grav technology and are 100% infantry based!
(3) Entries close at 01:00 GMT on August 14th.
(4) On that same day, I'll open a poll for Warpstone Flux readers to judge which army list they consider to be the "most effective army list that also best articulates the theme" (whatever readers interpret that to mean) out of all entrants.
(5) The winner will be tallied and announced on August 21st (and entered in to the hall of fame!).
(6) One entry per person please.
Remember that there are no prizes for these contests, beyond kudos, honour and entry in to the hall of fame.