Sunday, April 30, 2023

On the Horus Heresy 2023-2024 Road Map

I really enjoyed seeing the sneak peaks coming out of the Warhammer Festival today. Despite doing other things in real life on this long holiday weekend, I kept on checking up on what the gossip was via the Warhammer Community and other places and: I'm impressed.

The news of the PLASTIC lancer knight is just amazing! SIGN ME UP! Hey GW, can I get a free "sample" if I review it?! Only half joking of course. Just take my money regardless. I'm there!

Although I am bit less excited about the new Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus characters, I have to say that they look awesome. I'm more excited about the new black book to be candid! I hope it really does have something for everyone contained within its pages.

The plastic jump infantry is similarly very welcome news! I am not surprised about the mark of the armour and I can understand why they've done it this way, but as an Alpha Legion player, that's fine to me of course. What I don't quite understand is why they don't just put a lot of accessories (back packs and jump packs) along with lots of upgrades (bolter arms, left and right chainswords plus bolt pistols, and the odd power weapon, fists, claws and so in) in the same box and sell that at an increased price. Goodness knows that would go down a treat within the community and allow for plentiful bits box growth that would come in fabulously over the years ahead. Maybe I'm being silly on that point? Oh, and Mark 3 armour - NICE!


I find the road map hugely important news. There's going to be a Primarch for Autumn? Which one? They've done all of them! Perhaps daemonic Fulgrim? Omegon? I don't know, but please let it be one of those two! Khan on a bike? The plastic command squad on the horizon is going to be such a boon as well. 

And finally, EPIC! OR at least I interpret the EPIC announcement as EPIC! Am I wrong?

2 comments:

Geeky Catholic said...

only seen the roadmap (sailing this afternoon) what's the Mark 3 update? Agree in general that I'm broadly positive on where we're going (good excuse to start a 4th army when I'm settled in with the return of the Old World.

jabberjabber said...

second image down here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/30/plastic-space-marine-assault-squad-prepares-for-launch-in-the-horus-heresy/

Looks to me this could be associated with the "Mystery Army Release" as well?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries