Saturday, December 31, 2022

Thoughts at the End of 2022

Editorial. 

As I write this, the end of 2022 is rapidly drawing close and the start of 2023 hurtles towards us with characteristic celerity. Reflecting on the past several year, it is plain to see from my postings here alone that the COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on my hobby mojo for the years concerned. This year has been one in which I feel that my interest has returned to a semblance of normality at last. In large part, this has been spurred on by the release of the Second Edition of the Horus Heresy game. Not only did I pre-order the new boxed set along with other releases, but I also set about building a modest force of Iron Warriors alongside adding to my pre-existing Alpha Legion forces and finally finishing painting the Shattered Legion mini-force. Due to family, I'm not really on the tournament scene like I used to be a long time ago, but maybe once the children are a bit older I might return and venture out once again to the scene (or at least try harder to get to one of the Titan Walks). 

Part of the reason that I favour Horus Heresy is the community - participants tend to be older and more mature, and even though I do disagree with some comments and messages I might receive from time to time they are all written with sincerity and respect. Without such a good and strong community here online at Warpstone Flux, I might have retired the blog during the pandemic. I'm glad that I didn't. It is clear from the stats and the feedback that the Heresy community keeps coming back here for opinions, insight, and friendly banter. I cannot thank my readers enough for helping me to keep going here!

See you in 2023! Cheers!


[Image generated by using Stable Diffusion]

3 comments:

Jt said...

Your blog is ne that I find myself going to everyday for updates. Keep up the great work!

OJ said...

I'm always checking the blog everyday, it's one my Heresy Favs. Keep up the great work, enjoy your hobby and happy new year!

Geeky Catholic said...

as I long term viewer much gratitude, 2nd edition was an excuse to start a DA army and finish my Imperial fists and Blood Angels (3,000 and 5,000 respectively) moving onto building my own board this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries