Thursday, June 2, 2022

Painted Mor Deythan 4/6

Nominally the squad sergeant, this Mor Deythan model goes without a helm, presumably lost much earlier in the drop site massacre that he and his squad are desperately attempting to survive. 


The main feature that I wanted to try to get looking good here are the eyes - looking slightly downward as if evaluating the terrain or scanning the dead body of a traitor they've just eliminated. I think I've got the look just about right to my mind, but there's a slight concern about the iris size here. Think I have just about got away with it. Otherwise, the painting follows the previously outlined approach with the blacks and whites, coupled with the heat colours at the tip of the Melta gun, as well as the general dusty look that has been applied to the feet, cape, and greaves. A nice addition to the squad overall!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries