What I think sets this painting scheme apart from many others is the white shield. I have seen Iron Hands (and indeed Raven Guard and Dark Angels) struggle to select accent colours well. Reds, Blues, Dark abyssal hues, and others beyond have all been used. But I always seem to come back to white as being a reasonable accent for generally black armour. There was another reason for this though: the decals. A good portion of the Iron Hands decals are black. And that doesn't show on a black background of course! Hence white is a favoured accent colour here by a long way. I think this has worked very well overall. I will shortly get the rest of the squad completed.
Saturday, September 5, 2026
Painted Iron Hands Breacher Sergeant
The breacher sergeant follows my established method for Iron Hands painting. Explicitly: under coated in black (spray can) followed by base coating in Eshin Grey. This is followed by washed of Nuln Oil and diluted black to give it a used and matte black colour whilst retaining some highlights. The silvers are done in lead belcher with Nuln Oil shading and dry brushed silver accents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Join us on our Facebook page @warpstoneflux

No comments:
Post a Comment