Saturday, September 19, 2026

Assault Destroyer Conversion

How easy is it to turn a chaos space marine raptor into something approaching a Horus Heresy era assault destroyer marine? That's the question that I started out with several weeks ago after raiding the (frankly too large) bits box. 


This marine is built out of a number of kits. Obviously the raptor provided the basis and I've shaved off the chaos growths on the back of the jump pack along with most other things that are too heretical to mention. The right arm comes from the ancient chaos space marine range. The left arm from the more modern assault marines. Shoulder pads from the same along with the "first born" space marine range (I still don't like the term even despite the recent controversy). Grenades at the groin cover up the blank part where I shaved off the chaos star. 

I should probably add a chain sword, but otherwise I think this is done. The helmet seals the deal and makes it look a lot more Heresy era. My intention here is to paint this one up in Thousand Sons colours and see how it looks. Recommendations for paint scheme approaches welcome!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries