Friday, September 25, 2026

Horus Heresy 3e Review: Interdiction Cadres

Warpstone Flux Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3/5 stars. The rules sound.

Background. 
Taking up concealed positions, these cadres wait for the enemy to come to them and ambush them. Their use was probably not exactly prohibited during the Great Crusade, but used like never before during the Heresy. 

Strengths. 
Interdiction Cadres are Prime Advantages. 

Squads set up in reserve, and then activate the Concealed Positions Ambush advanced reaction in step 2 of the movement phase - which is to say when an enemy unit has finished moving around. 

A reaction point is then spent, and the unit comes in from reserves and assembles in coherency. They can then make snap shots or make a disordered charge. 

Weaknesses. 
I think I like the disordered charge more than I do the snap shots, but there are some units for whom snap shots won't be much of an issue. 

Overall.
Worth considering once in a while to spice things up. This is a strategy that can pay off well when paired with some appropriate units - but they have to sacrifice a Prime Advantage for it, and that is the pay off. There are plenty of units to choose between, but for troops, I quite like the look of some World Eaters despoilers, or Iron Hands breachers for personal reasons. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries