Sunday, May 3, 2020

Tamiya Weathering Powders

A very long time ago, I bought a small set of Tamiya weathering master powders, pictured below. I almost forgot that I had it in my collection until recently. The main cause of this was that when I first bought it, my wife commented that I was now using eye shadow on my miniatures, and I put it away somewhere out of sight for a bit. I can see why she said that though. These weathering powders genuinely look and feel much like traditional eye shadow powders - no two ways about it. They even come packed with an eye shadow applicator. 


In painting up my Salamanders legion squad, I rediscovered the Tamiya powders. Since they've been in the case and they're compact powders, they have hardly aged or deteriorated to any great degree. Hence I've been applying some orange rust, gun metal, and silver to my miniatures to create a bit more of a worn look over recent days. The powders work really well when used appropriately -- on obvious edges where rusting or metal would be seen in natural light. 

Or as my wife said again today: applying eye shadow to the miniatures. Can recommend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries