Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Painted Salamanders Legion Squad: 1/10

This is the first of my Salamanders Legion squad painted up for 30k Horus Heresy, and part of a shattered legions army I am in the midst of making. 


I wanted to communicate here a battle worn look, rather than purely clean lines of freshly painted power armour. This is a marine who took part in the drop site massacre and miraculously survived to live to fight on. His armour is intended to reflect that moment in the fight - on the surface of Isstvan 5, being hunted by the traitor legions somewhere in the wastelands along with a small collection of his brothers and allies from the loyalist legions. 

The paint scheme follows the contrast paint approach using warp lightning set out in my earlier posting. Subsequently, a liberal application of Nuln oil has been applied before highlighting commenced. I've gone as bright as scorpion green on the highlights here, before bringing it back together. I think this has paid off. Battle damage has been added through application of black and silvers on selected parts of the armour. The shoulder pads were handled distinctly thanks to the iconography and oaths of the moment. I'm tempted to add some scribed writing to the oath papers on the shoulder pad to give a better air of authenticity. I might also add a highlight dot to the helmet lenses as well as a final touch, but others this Salamander is ready to unleash the fury of the legion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries