Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Lion: Revealed

I've been following the news of the previews that are coming on from Games Workshop, and naturally, I'm thrilled to see a Primarch in there! Before today, I had thought that the Khan would be next since he already has rules and lots of players want to use him. Hence I was a little surprised that the Lion was the next Primarch to be released.

Regardless of the order of release, this miniature is fabulous and everything that I hoped it would be. He has dynamism, a great paint job in the preview, the pose is spot on, and his features align with what I envisioned the Lion to look like.


That said, the one concern I had with the paint scheme was that it makes him look like he has 6 digits on his left hand(!) Take a closer look at the image above that I screen shotted from the preview video and you'll see what I mean.

The base of the Lion features opposing Night Lords, all being apparently hacked down by the Lion as he rampages through their ranks in a knightly manner. Naturally, this reflects the Thramas campaign which will be one of the major foci of the new big black book when it comes along. I think the diorama is apt and one of the better bases for the Primarchs (certainly better than some of the blander ones that we've seen). I hope it isn't limited edition like Sanguinius was -- I still feel like that was a mistake to say the least.

I'm now looking forward to seeing what his rules might be. I'm not anticipating him being in the same league as Alpharius or Guilliman as a force multiplier, nor will he be like Russ or Angron in close combat. Somewhere in between, but I hesitate to speculate just what his special rules will be as there are several ways in which this could go.

Looking forward to seeing this released eventually (modulo the pandemic in the real world).

1 comment:

DAM said...

So psyched for this model! Totally in prep for the new book coming out - along with the other 1st Legion models already released.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries