Thursday, July 25, 2019

Great Unclean One: Daemonic Sword

A painting update today on the Great Unclean One, focussing in on the weapon he's holding. The sculpt of the Great Unclean One in plastic is simply phenomenal, and laden with a slew of details; the daemonic sword that he holds is no exception to this.

Around a rusted outer edge is a core festooned and embedded with skulls. When I saw this, I wondered immediately if I could somehow bring a bit more life in to this core skull area rather than just stick with a rusted tone. Although others have attempted similar, I figured I wanted my version to stand out as noxiously Nurgle, but also unique. Therefore I opted to have the skull area painted in a contrasting, but consistently Nurgle, green toxic tone.


The painting approach here is straight forward. I undercoated the model in Corax White all over to begin with. I then set to work on the inner region of the blade by giving it a base layer of white. A generous coating of hex wraith flame ink was then applied to give it a spooky and toxic like depth. This was highlighted in a lighter green colour around the skulls and raised parts. I might go over the highlighting again later, but overall I'm happy with this part.

The thing that makes it "pop" a bit more than usual is the muted colours around the edge. I used pure black to outline the blade and base coat the rusted portions. Following this, a dappling of golds, silvers, and bronzes followed on top, laying up a very rusted feeling with a random application of these colours and blends along the entire length of the blade.

Overall, the effect is really nice and speaks volumes of a daemonic blade suitable for wielding by a Great Unclean One. I really like this approach and experiment. Onward with the main body that I'm going to try a master work blend approach on. More about that at a later date.


3 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Ooh yeah, like that!

Andersson Jesica said...

My story is probably typical, but i found a solution to solve my relationship crisis. My Husband fell into an affair with another woman at work and left me.
I got the Marriage Spell casting program by a Spiritual father, mentor and healer. few days after Lunch of Spell,
He was able to bring back my Husband home to me, it was a surprise to me, i can't even explain how it all happen,
it work as he promised me.
My Husband was very obstinate at first, but My Husband Anderson came back home to apologize and ask for my forgiveness, today now we are happier than ever before, things are getting more better, interesting and sweet. I could not have done it without the help of this Baba. I would have given up and believed that because my husband was seeing someone else, then he said we were done. After lunched of Love spell, my husband call me on cell phone and he return back home a day after. I'm grateful, i recommend him for anyone having marriage or relationship issues to resolve today quickly consult this Spiritual spell caster to return ex love,please there is no need to hesitate or doubt just message him on email address: {dr.oduduwaspellcaster@gmail. com}
Today now all your worries will be over. this is a powerful intention i so much believe will help someone out here because trust me i know how it feels.

jabberjabber said...

Dear Laura,
Unless we speak of Clarke's third adage, then we must adhere to physics and state that magic is not real.
However, if you wish to persist in such nonsense, then we can whole-heartedly commend Slaanesh to you who will do much more with you than answer your prayers.
Have a nice day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries