Thursday, February 21, 2019

Reaver Cockpit

A bit more painting on the interior of the Reaver: this time the cockpit interior. It follows the general aesthetic that I established on the servitor walls for the main interior: dark, broody, with a slightly retro vibe. The pulses in particular on the screens could almost be a vax display at some level!

Now, many painters usually go for a digitized view out of the front window for these displays. However, my logic here is that the Princeps already has that view afforded to him thanks to jacking in to the retinal and spinal connection ports. Hence there's no real need to have that screen in front of him. Similar arguments can be made for the Moderatii (to a lesser extent). Hence I thought that a neat idea might be to have a machine print out similar to a medical diagnostic machine. Perhaps they're relaying information about the peak power consumption? Every time a primary weapon fires, there's a pulse! Or maybe its like a windows style CPU usage readout? Either way, I kind of like the concept a bit more than having a viewport, hence I went with it. This idea is replicated on the right hand side, as well as on the lower left rectangular display just below the dials.

For the keyboards, I originally wanted to try to suggest that the keys had some kind of back-lighting to them. However, this did not go quite as I had envisioned. Regardless, I'm happy with the outcome here. Time to glue the Princeps in place soon!

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Great and for the amount of times you’ll see it, you’ll wonder why you spent so long doing the details :) But, you know it’s there! Sweet progress mate.

jabberjabber said...

Yes -- that's the thing: I know its there and I'm answerable to me! *gulp* ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries