Sunday, February 17, 2019

Laser Blaster

Alongside the Reaver titan that is progressing very nicely now, I am simultaneously constructing its armaments as well. One of them will be a battle titan laser blaster -- basically a triple-barrelled laser gun the size of a tank. 

There are only eleven parts for this particular weapon, and most of them come in pleasingly large chunks of resin that is straight forward to put together once removed from the resin gates and shaved down. 


The image shows the final assembly for the laser blaster. There are two parts left over which can be seen on the sprue in the lower right of the picture. These parts will attach once the arm is put in place. However, I also need to decide whether the laser blaster will be the left arm or right arm for the titan before I can do that. I think it will be the left arm at the moment. The only (and weak?) logic behind this choice is that I want the titan to look like it has 1-2-3 barrels from the front going from left to right. i.e. a volcano cannon on its right arm (which is on the left when viewed face on), the carapace double-barrelled laser destructor on top, and this laser blaster on its left arm (viewed on the right face-on). I will have to see about that though as the striding legs might make me change my mind still. 

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

I'm liking the new remoddled 'Battle Titan' armaments, the central pipe placement will allow magnetising of pipes as well as the main join for swapping out weapons - are you magnetizing?

jabberjabber said...

The new design of the pipes is good for that. However, in this case I think I will not be magnetizing the titan and will simply settle for the armaments that I have bought and use them. (I know … it means no going back, but I'm okay with that!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries