Sunday, October 9, 2022

Hobby: Alpha Legion Exodus Conversion

Exodus is an Alpha Legion character that does not yet have an official model. I have been keen on playing Exodus over the years and have generally substituted a sniper of some description to represent him on the battlefield. Hence it is long over time that I should now create a conversion for him. This is the fruits of my labour. 


For this work, I have used a Vigilator from Forge World as the basis. My one regret in doing so is that I am missing out on being able to apply the Forge World Alpha Legion shoulder pads to him, but it was either that, or use a Head Hunters torso and lose out on the billowing cape that I really liked. Hence I can live with this.

The Instrument uses plastic components from the dark eldar range, pinned on to the resin of the sniper gun that comes with the vigilator. The head is a simple substitute from the head hunters range -- I thought about several of the different heads, but none quite match 100 per cent the sketch of Exodus from the First (or Second) edition rules. 

Overall I am content with this conversion and it certainly communicates a unique character. My only regret will be if Forge World release a model for Exodus in the near future. If they do, I will end up purchasing it regardless and will then use this model as a regular vigilator, or as an Alpha Legion sniper - possibly the saboteur consul. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries