Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Few Tables

A couple of pictures of two of the tables from GenCon Oz this year. More can be found on the various forums, but I wanted to quickly show off the variety in the tables that were used at the tournament. The tables and scenery were constructed by Bec (as far as I know) from Queensland (Australia).
I was fortunate enough to play on both of these tables. The first one (above) is a necron theme: the buildings are wooden, but they possess an eerie feeling to them in the right light. My picture doesn't really do it much justice (the light is all at the wrong angle which seems to highlight the grain of the wood rather than the eerie quality of the tomb world).
The second one -- an eldar table -- was just magnificent. The runes that you can see on the table top are all depressed (i.e. recessed) in to the board. The buildings were once again made from a sturdy wood and looked awesome. I was totally blown away with the quality of the boards at GenCon Oz. I've got a few more images of the tables that I'll post at a later date. They're certainly inspiring!

4 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I'm definitely jealous you got to game on those, they look amazing.

jabberjabber said...

My pictures don't do them the justice they deserve - they looked spectacular in real life.

oni said...

That Necron world looks pretty interesting. Looks like it would be pretty simple to recreate.

MasterDarksol said...

I actually really like that Eldar one... it's quite inspiring. ...I'm going to have to take notes for a future project ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries