Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Painted Vindicare Assassin With Glitch Camo

A painting experiment complete!
This is a Vindicare assassin with glitching camouflage.




The central portions are painted with contrast (Guilliman Flesh) and highlighted with a dry brush and stippled technique with eldar flesh dry paint. Some further highlighting was applied to make everything consistent. 

One of the interesting parts was the Imperial Eagle which is affixed to the building ruins. I have given the assassin some silvery grey on his calf to try to mimic this and blend in even further. I think this has mostly worked as well in the abstract sense. 

The outer parts were picked out in Eshin grey and then dulled down using nuln oil. I picked out some parts in silver (parts of the rifle, the close combat blade sheath) as well as the red on the end of the blade and the red lens with yellow and white highlights. 

For the glitching, I've used a steady build up from dark blue through to lighter blues (3 different colours there in fact) and a vanilla and white highlighting. Hence 5 different colours layered on top of each other. The base dark blue was applied probably a bit to thick on the joint between the ruins colours and the black and grey of his uniform, but this only serves to enhance the glitching. Although I was originally intending to make the glitching a bit more digital by having squares painted freehand, I think the straight forward approach is much easier and works just as well. 

The base rounds it out with Armageddon technical grit which has been inked and highlighted to blend in with the rest, and some application of green knots of weeds. Not sure if I'll keep him or sell him on eBay at a later point, but that's a decision for later. Hope you like this paint scheme. 


1 comment:

Izqcor said...

Gorgeus!! I absolutely love it! I have an assassin like this one, and I think I’ll humbly try to replicate the effect. It’s brilliant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries