Birmingham is often referred to as the second city of the UK (but I do know a number of Liverpudlians who would dispute this and would explicitly note that London is the second city). As such, the infrastructure for getting there is excellent. Birmingham New Street train station is one of the busiest railway stations in the UK with 36.6 million transits in 2024-2025 making it the busiest outside of London (but not the largest by any means). The Warhammer store is literally a short stroll up the road from New Street station.
The store isn't big in the grand scheme of things, but it is well appointed and the staff were very friendly toward me (yes - I know its their job, but still, they were genuinely enthusiastic!).
What caught my eyes the most were the window displays: one of each for Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k. The detail of these were excellent. I was quite taken by the Age of Sigmar one myself (the reflection of me in the glass and the general light in the background also don't do the image much justice - it was superior in real life I assure you!). The Salamanders were very nicely painted in particular.
Great job Birmingham and you certainly passed my "mystery shopper test"!
Onward to the next store whenever it happen!



No comments:
Post a Comment