Sunday, May 29, 2022

Painted Mor Deythan 1/6

How has it been so long to get this squad painted up? Ah yes, Covid. Regardless, this is the first of the 6 squad members that I've painted up in the Raven Guard colours for my Mor Deythan squad. 


The painting follows my typical approach with Raven Guard colours. The black here is almost solid black and slightly glossier than what I've done previously with Iron Hands. However, this is very much accented with white colours that stand out more and help the model go "pop" better. With that said, I did very much want a weathered and forlorn look for this squad as narratively they are part of the drop site massacre and the legion's subsequent fight for survival before being rescued. For this reason, the exposed whites have been dulled down and made to look grimy with some Nuln Oil and the highlights are muted. The greaves are similarly weathered with the sands of the planet's surface. Also of note is an attempt at some gun muzzle heating on the combi-melta gun. I will try this on the other models in the squad and see how it works out. I might go over this again later. Regardless, I'm pleased with the general colour scheme of the model and the Raven Guard livery in general. More squad members yet to come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries