Saturday, February 15, 2020

Games Workshop Edinburgh (Warhammer)

Today, a small review of the Warhammer store in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK). I was visited the city for business, and it was the first time I have been there in over a decade or more. For a city as old as Edinburgh, the layout doesn't change that much at all: I well-remember the steep climb of the steps opposite the railway station up to the main shopping level in the city for instance - that, I don't think, will ever change. 

The Warhammer store in the city is physically located High Street, which is south of the main railway station (Edinburgh Waverley) and along the well-trodden route between Edinburgh Castle, and Holyrood. As such, it is a premium city centre location with high footfall in a busy part of the city centre with excellent pedestrian access and immediate convenience to railways and bus lines that run through the place. 


The store itself is of small to moderate size. It is by no means the smallest that I've ever witnessed, but certainly not the size of a bunker. More like fractionally above the small size. Sadly, the store was closed when I visited since it was early morning and my work in the city didn't begin until the store opened (drat!). However, I was able to see inside very readily from the window and the interior had some nice gaming tables on display. 

The picture below shows one of the dioramas in the window of the store, with apologies for some of the reflection. 

I liked this one of the Blood Angels battling away the Nurglesque army facing off against them. Good use of some of the relatively newer miniature ranges and boxed sets to be honest!

In summary, one of the best locations for a Games Workshop / Warhammer store in a city that I've been to lately, but just sorry that I couldn't visit the store when it was open to experience the (what I have come to expect would be) warm hospitality.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries