Saturday, June 5, 2021

Alpha Legion Praetor Bits

A new month brings some new miniatures to assemble and paint. The first of which is this fine looking fellow that I've been wanting to get hold of for quite a number of months. 


This is the Alpha Legion praetor in regular power armour, fresh on the sprue. The bits are very nicely sculpted indeed, and I'm more than pleased with the clear level of detail inherent in them. What is slightly less pleasing to me is the sheer number of bits involved. 

I'm not a huge fan of having these individual sculpts with the hands detached from the arms; doubly so for this double handed weapon pose. I acknowledge that this is nothing new though, and all of the plastic range does the division between arm and hand these days. But getting two arms joined to the weapon in the correct pose is challenging for hobbyists who are newer to the game when using resin. 

Regardless of this, my plan is actually to use these bits as a conversion. I'm going to do away with the arms slowly unsheathing the power sword. Instead, I'm wanting something a bit different. More on this plan at a later point, but for now, enjoy seeing the bits for those who have not seen them before!

 

2 comments:

Floyd Lawton said...

What is the best way to attach resin parts? I've only starting using some resin parts in the last year and my usual super glue doesn't seem to work. Drilling and pinning like with old metal models?

jabberjabber said...

In addition to using different glues compared to plastic (at minimum superglue; although for bigger models, 2 part epoxy glues are better for larger models), I would strongly recommend pinning, along with scoring of the surfaces to be glued together.

See for example:
https://warpstoneflux.blogspot.com/2016/05/advanced-pinning-tip.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries