Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Promethian Forge

Very much a work in progress, but today I have commenced assembling the Promethian Forge from the Sector Mechanicus range. This will fit snugly -- and more importantly: modularly -- alongside my other Sector Mechanicus range. 



The image shows just the first section of the gantry or ledge that I'm working on. One of the main problems with this piece is how to make it modular. There are just so many permutations to select between that it is often hard to know what to do.

However, I have decided that the best way forward here is to cater to my wants for this scenery. Hence I have decided to keep it at one level only, meaning I'm not going to stack multiple levels in a vertical direction. This is for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones is that I want some horizontal spread of scenery before I think about the vertical direction. One level up should be enough for the kind of board that I have in mind at the moment. 

More importantly, thinking about the horizontal spread, I also wanted to make sure that this piece was not compact like the picture on the front of the box. Instead, I want is to cover as much horizontal distance as possible. This dictated the need to have the support struts in the places that I've glued them in to in the image. Ultimately, I want to be able to make a long walking gantry for the miniatures to be able to fight along and provide interesting lines of sights in a number of locations. I think this arrangement will ultimately achieve that, but its still early days on this particular project. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries