Monday, February 13, 2017

Inferno Friday

Forge World announced today that Inferno would be hitting the proverbial shelves on Friday this week! Yay! After all this time, I can scarcely believe that it is finally happening! Can't wait to get my order in and get the goods. Just shut up and take my money, frankly.

Okay, in all seriousness though, I'm not a Space Wolves player. I regularly play against a Space Wolves opponent locally, and I used to have a similar frenemy when I lived in Australia as well. Here's hoping that they invest in Leman Russ et al though.

No, for me the interest is certainly focussed on the Thousand Sons. Not only their rules (which have been previewed on other blogs elsewhere), but also their background. They are fairly unique across all of the legions in many regards. And they are a legion whose loyalty to the Emperor and the Imperium was so very solid. This for me makes their downfall all the more terrible. By this, I mean that I have little sympathy for the Night Lords fluff -- they were always monsters and likely on the edge of censure. I can feel sorry for the World Eaters and their mutilated master. They had little choice. The Death Guard just wanted justice across the Galaxy (well, Mortarion did at any rate). But the story of the Thousand Sons having little other option is one that will be good to read through.

I'm also looking forward to the Custodes and the Sisters of Silence. Although I won't be collecting Custodes, I might invest in some Sisters to support my (obviously loyal) Alpha Legion. And I will be looking at the special units of both Space Wolves and Thousand Sons legions with a view to whether they would be good with Coils of the Hydra as well.

Okay, enough gibbering from me for one day. Roll on Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries