Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Apology from Demon Thing


In response to yesterday's post about PETA's demand that Games Workshop start to take the depiction of fur on their miniatures more seriously, there has been an outpouring from many sites. My favourite one, though, has to be the one from the Daily Mash.


The text reads:

A CHAOS Daemon from space wargame Warhammer 40,000 has shamefacedly yielded to PETA’s request to remove fur from its armour.
The immortal fiend, who entered our galaxy from the hell-realm of the Warp to murder and lay waste to the living, has issued a full apology following pressure from the animal rights group.
It continued: “Somehow, as I was ravening across the cosmos eviscerating and mutilating any sentient being I could, I lost sight of what was important.
“I’m a role model to children, and topping my eight bladed torture-instrument limbs which support the mountain of my putrescent, acid-weeping flesh with fur shoulder-pads is unacceptable.
“I can’t apologise enough for the hurt I’ve caused, and I’ve agreed to appear in PETA’s next ad campaign under the slogan ‘I’d rather be Lawful Good than wear fur.’”
A PETA spokesman said: “Living in the grim darkness of a far future where there is only war is no excuse for making poor moral choices.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries