Sunday, June 19, 2016

Primus Medicae

Today, a blend of parts from Forge World, Chaos Space Marines, Space Marines, and Dark Angels. This is my take on a Horus Heresy era Primus Medicae in terminator armour. Although I thought about equipping them slightly beefed up compared to a baseline terminator, I didn't actually feel there was any particular need to do that. The Primus Medicae is there for his special rules, rather than his special weapons. Hence I thought I'd leave him fairly "plain" in this case. That said, I have green stuffed around some of the additional apothecary parts from the Dark Angels terminators (notably the search light on the top of the armour) and a hole in the resin just above the head. No pinning has been used here either -- its just straight gluing. I have, however, increased the height of the miniature by building in some greenstuff between the torso and the legs so that it matches the scale of the other terminators that I have in tartaros armour (maybe I should have saved the dark angels apothecary arm for some Cataphractii armour! lol!). I like the overall vibe of this piece and will paint him up along with the rest of the other terminators that I'm building. 


6 comments:

Zuul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zuul said...

Planning to de-chaos the combi-bolter?

echoesfromthewasteland said...

Looks good man! I've gotta build a PM at some point soon. Got any back shots so we can see how the backpack bits line up with the Tartare torso?

jabberjabber said...

Cheers guys!

I'm leaving the bolster as it is. My other terminators are similar and it works quite well: looking or are but not too chaos-y yet(!)

I'll try and grab a rear photo - but rest assured that the back buts do NOT line up well: much free stuff and sighing was involved!

Rob-not-steve said...

There is something about the encased nature of the head on Tartaros armour which lends itself really well to the Apothecary/Primus Medicae look I must say. Not sure what it is, but this combination of parts really seem to "fit" to me. Perhaps somewhat ironically given your comment on not lining up well!

jabberjabber said...

Ha! Yeah, I like the model too. Although I wasn't too sold on using the Dark Angels shoulder pads, but the Apothecary arm and pad are moulded & cast together sadly (otherwise I'd use the usual Tartaros ones).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries