Saturday, November 20, 2010

Warp Rift and Daemon's Objective Marker

This creation will be an objective marker in my daemons army. It will also double up as an Apocalypse Warp Rift marker as needs be.

I originally got the idea from John's Toy Soldiers (thanks John!!). The ingredient list is simple enough: an agate crystal mounted upon a 40mm base (MDF in this case) using liberal amounts of green stuff that has been sprinkled with sand and drybrushed.

On the front of the agate crystal, I've glued on a tentacle from the chaos spawn boxed set.  I wasn't sure the glue would hold it in place, but sure enough it sticks very well.  One thing I will note is that I painted the tentacle prior to gluing it in to place and tried to choose a colour that would complement the blue of the agate crystal.

For those of you in Australia, I bought my agate crystal from "Ozzie Maid".  They sell reasonably cheap agate crystals that come well-wrapped in the post to avoid any damage.  I'd certainly use them again.  They picture the actual agate slice that you're purchasing on the web site, rather than a similar slice that just looks approximately the same -- thumbs up from me for effort!

The end result is a piece that looks like a disturbing portal of some kind to another realm. And the inhabitants of that other realm look like they're just ready to explore this one!

(Disclaimer: I'm not associated with Ozzie Maid in any way whatsoever!)

2 comments:

Gotthammer said...

When I saw it my first thought was 'hey, that's like John's'!

Nice idea and thanks for the store linkage :)

jabberjabber said...

Glad you like it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries