Saturday, October 9, 2010

Manufactorum Door Chopping

Many manufactorum doors that I observe on table tops tend to be closed. I don't know why this should be, given that the door can be removed from it's hinges with a minimal amount of slicing. The door piece on the manufactorum (pictured) is already held in place by only a thin piece of plastic, so chopping it out of its frame requires only a small amount of work.Why have I chosen to remove the door in my manufactorum then? Well, there are two reasons.

(1) I wanted to have the lower floor much more "open" so that additional lines of sight could be drawn to targets inside.
(2) I wanted to split the door frame in to two pieces, thereby creating an extra pair of ruined edges that I could play around with (the standard manufactorum comes with 4 such end pieces).

It also leaves me with the door itself as an extra bit that I can play around with for conversions and basing materials in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did much the same thing with the twin eagle doors on the administratum set (?). Like you say dead easy to do, gives you some spare bits for your terrain box and opens up the sight lines.

jabberjabber said...

Couldn't agree more :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries