Sunday, August 7, 2022

Of Course I Drill Bolt Guns

What sort of barbarian do people think I am?

(various answers received including "duplicitous Alpha Legion type"; "Nurgle worshipper"; and others too uncouth to mention here).

I'm the type that drills bolt guns, of course.


Pictured is the hobby progress on the boxed set for the second edition of Horus Heresy. Naturally, the bolt guns are all drilled. The squad here features a nuncio vox, vexilla, and sergeant with power fist and plasma pistol. All bolt guns feature bayonets as I'm experimenting with the new rules for the tactical squads. I like the chain attachment as well - to be clear. 

Although possessing only five poses is somewhat limiting for a boxed set of this size, I think the diversity of builds possible with the set can readily hide the worst excesses of this problem. Here I have disguised the problem a little bit with alternate heads, heads posed looking in different directions, and various placements of side arms and grenades. Happy with this progress thus far.


3 comments:

DAM said...

Wait...people don't drill out their bolt gun barrels?! Yikes...

- diehard boltgun driller

jabberjabber said...

I think its sort of a semi tell-tale sign of a veteran?
(not amazingly high accuracy rate on that statement though, admittedly!).

WestRider said...

The high importance of Bolter Drill is one of the things the Imperial Fists really get right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries