Friday, September 4, 2020

Pre-orders for Book 9: Crusade, and The Lion

I'm sure it is common knowledge that the Forge World pre-orders are available as of right now for the Horus Heresy Book 9: Crusade, and the new miniature for The Lion. 

Like many other people, I was hitting refresh fairly constantly close to 10:00am BST this morning to get in with the pre-orders. I'm delighted to have secured a copy of the Crusade book that will be shipping in a week's time. Hopefully I will have my hands on it the week after next.

For the Lion, I decided against ordering the miniature. Although I have long since had a soft spot for the First Legion and their story, I simply don't have the urge to purchase this one just yet. Maybe in future years I will collect the Primarchs all together, but for now, I'll pass. I did want to briefly comment on the prices of the Primarchs though, as there has been strong price increases for some of them -- including the Lion -- at least in comparison to each other. Here's a run down of the costs as of the time of writing.

GBP 63: Vulkan, Angron, Kurze, Lorgar, Fulgrim, Mortarion, Ferrus Manus

GBP 68: Horus, Guilliman 

GBP 74: Russ, Corax, Perturabo

GBP 79: Alpharius, Dorn

GBP 84: The Lion, Sanguinius, Magnus

[Not yet available: The Khan].

From this list, I think the following are over-priced: Alpharius, Dorn, The Lion. I also think the following are under-priced: Horus, Kurze. This is simply a reflection of the amount of resin coupled with the pose. I acknowledge that Sanguinius for instance is a huge miniature with the wings and all, Magnus has things flying everywhere around him. Whilst the Lion has a hugely detailed base and looks truly amazing, I think his price point should have been somewhere nearer Alpharius, but I do acknowledge the height of his base which adds to the extra resin required compared to Alpharius, so maybe not too bad, plus the options for the head and blade, but equally Alpharius should be about the same level as Russ maybe. Then again, Horus is placed on those crumbling stairs, but on the flip side lacks the bodies at his feet seen with Alpharius and The Lion. I really think Horus is under-priced still for the quality. So interesting price points here for the Primarchs at present. It is tempting to grab miniatures like Horus before the price goes up. Maybe I'll do that later in the year.

In the mean time, I look forward to reviewing the ninth book in the series: Crusade. You can expect the same treatment that I've given to all the other legions to be repeated for the Dark Angels and this will be incoming later in the month -- look out for it! 

From one of the biggest HH fans on the blogosphere :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries