Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Alpha Legion Termite Painting Update

Two pictures today on the painting progress of the Alpha Legion termite that I have been working on in the background for a while now. 

The images below show two views of the termite (balanced on different vertices). Both of them cover an access point to the termite that I wanted to show off. The first is in the "open" position, the second is in the "closed" position, just for variation. The doors themselves can be positioned in either depending on your whim. I personally just wanted one open for my own nefarious means (plus I didn't want to be painting the interior too extensively -- I wanted it darkened and muted). 


The painting scheme follows my standard approach for the Alpha Legion colours - a very dark metallic blue over much of the surface complemented by some amounts of silver here and there and some green tinges. The photographs look like they've picked up a bit too much green on the upper layer though, which is something that I will work to correct a little bit when I revisit this.  


I like the positioning of the decals that I've managed to put on this one. In particular the "XX" Roman Numeral for the Alpha Legion being split apart as the hatch opens to the interior in the lower picture is one of my favourites. 

However, I will say that this is clearly a work in progress. I have done a bit of weathering on the metal surfaces, but this needs a lot more attention yet. As can also be seen, the deployed bolters also merit a lot more work yet. That said, the basis is there and it is more than tabletop ready!


1 comment:

Siph_Horridus said...

Such a great model, I will have to pick up one of these. Nice muted colours, very sneaky. Are you adding weathering to the tracks and drills too?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries