Not wanting to undertake lots of pinning in order to reinforce the very thin arms, legs, hair, weapons, and the rest, I came up with a bit of a different solution: add some terrain on to the base! Originally I was thinking of using Kayvann Shrike's concrete pillars that he is descending on from Warhammer 40,000. It fits thematically and would provide a nice jumping point, or something implying that she jumped off from it. In the end I came up with a different approach. I obtained some old pipework and a ladder from the now quite dated Imperial Sector terrain set. The base is, candidly, very small to fit both the assassin and the terrain on to. This is made even more problematic by the tilt of the assassin model which is angled slightly backward to the direction of travel. A bit of dry fitting and slightly forcing the issue and I came up with what can be seen in the image in the end.
The angled leg is touching the pipework and I glued it on there. The very thin piping from both of her army is now very much protected by the pipe and the ladder. There's very little that will be breaking them. Although the arms still just outward, the pipe will also help with any wobbly model situation. The hair is a slightly different matter since if this one goes off a table top edge it may still snap. But given the work that I've put in here I think it will suffice quite well and protect the model from most problematic topples. Moreover, the miniature now looks like it was worth the money that I paid for it in terms of raw plastic used!
I intend to paint this one up in a similar approach to my Vindicare with some glitch camo effects going on. I'll see how that goes and post about it another time!

No comments:
Post a Comment