Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Horus Heresy 2e Review: Paladin of the Hekatonystika

Warpstone Flux Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5/5 stars. To my mind, this is arguably the best legion specific consul upgrade in the game which is why I'm giving the maximum number of stars. 

Background.
The keepers of secrets of the Dark Angels legion and those who acquired battlefield knowledge. They are steeped in symbols and are initiates of the orders of this labyrinthine legion that even the Alpha legion would be proud of!

Strengths.
Gain an Order like the Inner Circle Knights, along with WS=6 and maximum leadership, stubborn and adamantium will. They also get a very valuable Terranic Greatsword for free. 

Yet again, this is a swiss army knife character for the swiss army knife legion. You really won't go wrong for what you're getting.

Weaknesses.
None really for the points cost you pay. This is very much strictly better than a legion champion. You just have to choose the battlefield role you want for them and select the Order accordingly. May I recommend perhaps Reaper of Hosts as the default to grant A+1 when already in combat - this is a great bonus all round. All the choices can work though. 

Builds.
Paladin in Tartaros armour with Terranic Greatsword, Grenade harness (110 points).
Fairly generic and yet also gets the job done. Could easily be a Cataphractii armoured terminator as well if you wished. 

Paladin with Jump Pack, Terranic Greatsword (110 points).
A very nice and deadly consul to place with your assault squads. Similar can be said of bike mounted versions. 

4 comments:

Geeky Catholic said...

I like him I really do, however for me I just prefer the Paragon Blade over the Great-sword. It's a no from me.

jabberjabber said...

That's entirely fair! I like the paragon blade as well.

Geeky Catholic said...

For me its the AP2 that you get as basic with the Paragon Blade, esp when Squad Upgrades to AP2 are limited and EVERYONE gives their Sergeant Artificer Armour these days.

Interrogator Mordrot said...

I think this consul is great but I don't know why you would ever take him over a chaplain who is better in every way for little more.

I think the problem is chaplains are too good, all other combat consuls pale in comparison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries