Friday, June 19, 2020

Painted Raven Guard Legion Squad: 10/10

The squad leader is this fellow. Candidly, I've never been too fond of the ancient civilisation style headwear on almost any legion. But, I can totally see why it is common and included in the head options for space marines. Hence I'll go with it.

The painting is similar to previous iterations of the Raven Guard I've been undertaking. Here, the arms and hands are picked out in white, plus the central helmet, and the rest in standard colours. The tip of the head is red with an orange fleck in there for the hell of it. I've applied decals to not only the shoulder, but also the lower torso. The finishing brings the usual smattering of scratch marks on the marine with the airbrush of two tones of mud and dirt to offset the otherwise very black marine.

For the power sword, this is picked out in a multi-tone blue colour without any lightning strikes or similar applied. I still need to tidy up some of the paint work here and there (e.g., lower side of the back pack vents where its possible to see a slip up very readily). Otherwise, this squad is complete and ready for the battlefield. I'll post a full squad picture soon enough, but want to show off the HQ choice (or alternate squad leader perhaps) first.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries