Thursday, December 29, 2016

Search Terms in 2016

Today, I wanted to jot down some popular, and some less popular search terms that have lead folks to Warpstone Flux this year.

Happily, the top search term leading to this blog was "Warpstone Flux" itself. That's very re-assuring! And I think also indicates the usage that folks out there are getting from the blog and the resources that it is presently providing.

Carrying on that theme, the next most popular search terms are the name of the blog in conjunction with items like "Horus Heresy", "30k", "Legions" and the names of the 18 legions themselves. Clearly, 30k gaming is hugely popular to say the least!

At the other end of the scale, we have the odd ball search terms and the humourous ones. In not particular order, I thought I'd share these with you:

"What DefCon is it as of today?" (seriously? How did this lead to this blog??!!).

"Weightlifting et zona pellicia" (someone might have to explain that one to me).

"Locutarus Storm Club" (clearly searching for something else, but found the Ultramarines).

"Is the chaos daemon prince in stock at games workshop York?" (I've no idea. But I did do a mystery shopper thing at York this year!).

"Gama Vegas" (yeah, moving on).

"First you give me, then I give you what you gave me cuz I'm Dynat" (told you Alpharius is everywhere).

"why does key code 11144238 not work?" (I got nothing for you).

3 comments:

Spot1cus said...

How long did it take you to start getting search traffic with your blog? Funny search terms there.

jabberjabber said...

I genuinely can't recall how long it took to start getting search traffic. My guess would be within a month or two for the first search result (assuming that everything is "discoverable" and set up well -- I'm not sure I had everything set up nicely for a little while). I now get many searches daily.

jabberjabber said...

One more odd search term that appeared today:
"Absolutely Fabulous dvd copy protection"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries