Monday, July 8, 2013

Building the Baroness: Skyboard

Hello everyone, Eldrad Vect here, I've recently had a run in with Nurgle, as such I haven't posted anything for a while due to sickness. This is the start of a series of posts about my construction and conversion of my Baron Sathonyx model for my Dark Eldar. Now the title says 'Baroness' so of course this is a female Sathonyx, I have yet to create and write fluff for her that fits with the rest of my collections. (I say collections since my storylines incorporate all of the armies I collect.)

Top shot, shows more of the details.
This is her Skyboard, converted from a regular Hellion Skyboard by cutting off the wings and attaching the lower parts of Raider tail fins to it, making it wider and bulkier with out going overboard. I removed the stubby Splinter Pods from the front and replaced them with spare Splinter Rifles also from the Raider kits, I have three Raiders so I have a lot of spare parts. I used Raider Chain Snares and tied up skulls to give the board a grisly fearsome look worthy of the mad Baroness. it's double the width of a regular Hellion board, so she'll stand out from her squad and I'm also planing for her to be higher off the ground then the rest of the Hellions too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries