Thursday, June 24, 2010

Terminator of Malice

To expand the range of miniatures that I've got for the Sons of Malice, I've added a few terminators. This particular chap has the standard chaos terminator armaments: a power weapons coupled with a twin linked bolter. On his back, I've attached the upper portions of a force weapon from the terminator lord boxed set (since the miniature I've assembled from the terminator lord won't be a sorcerer). This will double up as an icon of chaos glory when required. But otherwise is simply a cool looking accessory.

The painting follows the usual scheme for the Sons of Malice: quartered black and white. The accent colour is red, the same as for my power armoured marines. There's not too many problems with the painting, but the halving of the black and white caused me headaches near the skull icon in the centre of his forehead. Otherwise this one was smooth and by the numbers.

For the base, I've added a couple of bits and pieces from the warhammer 40,000 basing kit (e.g. a purple marine's beaked helmet can be seen at the right foot of the terminator). The look I was going for on the base was an urban wasteland / battlefield which I think complements the miniature well.

4 comments:

John Lambshead said...

That's a striking colour scheme.

jabberjabber said...

Thanks John -- I like how the Sons of Malice quartered colour scheme tends to stand out from the crowd.

Anonymous said...

I think the excess of metal trim overwhelms it. In the future maybe you should go for a grayer looking metal, so it looks like an extension of the colored sections? Just a thought.

jabberjabber said...

Hi Tachikoma, yes: this is a worry, but apparently the metal trim is the correct paint scheme for these guy. I'll try your suggestion and see how it looks though! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries