Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Shadow Sword: Part V. The Main Weapons

Having decided that I wanted to be able to field both the Shadow Sword and Storm Lord variants of this tank, I needed to be able to readily swap the main weapons around.With the Storm Lord, this is easy. The Vulcan Mega Bolter is able to slip in and out of the weapon housing with relative ease. For the Shadow Sword, however, the Volcano Cannon is not able to do so.

This is because the bit where the Volcano Cannon connects to the main weapon housing is supplied as a lock-in-place bit. To get around this, I have cut out a slot at the rear of the volcano cannon so that it can slide over the nub contained in the main weapon housing (visible just behind the magnet that holds the reversible hull bit in place). This should suffice to enable me to swap the main weapons over as required. However, I am considering further magnetizing the rear of the volcano cannon so that it doesn't sag due to gravity.

2 comments:

Firewasp said...

Be nice to get the weapons swapable. Managed to get my battlesuits done after a lot of fafthing about.
Can you not drill out a hole in the barrel on the flat side and slide a strong magnet in there?

jabberjabber said...

Yes - I'm probably going to give magnetizing the flat side a go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries