Saturday, April 13, 2024

Painting With Decals!: Iron Warriors Rhino Dedicated Transport

Sometimes I feel that decals have really spoiled me. This Iron Warriors rhino is essentially "paint by decals" - which if its not a thing already it really should be. 


The rhino follows a standard Iron Warriors colour scheme with a variety of tones of silver ranging from lead belcher through to a more glittering silver, all toned down with washes of Nuln oil. Black and silver accents abound.

What really is interesting here are the decals. On the top hatch, I have taken one of the four very large decals and sliced it down the middle (and trimmed the upper edge a touch) to fit on the hatch. I had to carefully slice around the hinge joints to made this fit overall, but the effect is strong. Less obvious are the Iron Warriors skulls on the circular side doors which also follow the split-in-half approach. I still like them like this, but overall its not quite as effective as the upper hatch I think. Some hazard stripes and roman numerals round out the front of the tank. Overall a great job, but the decals have really done the hard work for me here. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries