Saturday, October 5, 2013

Playing With Daemons - First Impressions

Hi All, Eldrad Vect here, I'm starting something new and I'm throwing all my armies under the bus here and focusing my posts heavily on the Ruinous Powers. This blog is first and foremost about Chaos and though I love all of my armies, none are Chaos and I think that all you loyal Chaos players that read the blog are are sick of my Sisters, Space Elves and IG. For a long time I've been slowly seduced by the powers of the Warp, I even dabbled in the realms of Traitor Marines, but now, they have drawn me further... here be Daemons...

Now, this doesn't mean I'm neglecting my other forces, far from it, I just wanted to start a new army that was fun and one that I had some amazing conversion ideas for.
Anyway, onto what I have come to so far, I wanted a themed army, none of this Undivided rubbish, but a pure force, but, which god to choose? Personally my favourites have always been Slaanesh and Khorne, so I had a hard choice to pick since I couldn't do both, as I would be sinking to much money into the Daemons. The choice all came down to the models themselves, I love Bloodletters, they look like the quintessential Daemon, red skin, horns, the works not to mention one of my favourite looking IC ever, Skulltaker. However, Khorne's elite units were not as impressive to me, the Skull Cannon, Bloodcrushers and Hounds just weren't as cool as the basic Bloodletter, which means I really wouldn't play them much and just be left with a Bloodletter horde.
Slaanesh is the opposite, I'm not a fan of Daemonettes but I love Seeker Chariots, Hellflayers and Seekers. Giant purple lawn mowers are awesome looking and also Slaanesh is the polar opposite to my other armies, being Eldar and Dark Eldar. So my choice had to be Slaanesh and with that I started writing up a list. This is a 1000 point adaptation of my original 2000 point list.

Chaos Daemons 1000 Points List.
HQ
1x Herald of Slaanesh. Exalted Seeker Chariot, Psyker Lvl.2, Greater Rewards, Lesser Rewards and Greater Locus of Swiftness
1x Herald of Slaanesh. Steed of Slaanesh, Psyker Lvl.1, Greater Rewards and Exalted Locus of Beguilement
 TROOPS
10x Daemonettes.
10x Daemonettes.
 FAST ATTACK
15x Seekers of Slaanesh. Heartseeker, Greater Rewards, Icon of Chaos, Rapturous Standard
HEAVY SUPPORT
Seeker Cavalcade. 3x Exalted Seeker Chariots

This is just a first list, I have yet to play it but would love to know what you think of it and what I should or shouldn't change.

5 comments:

erfunk said...

I'll just leave this right here....
Codex: Adepta Sororitas.

Eldrad Vect said...

Haha, thanks Erfunk, if I had an Android or Ipad I'd be all over it, but sadly I don't but here's hoping they release a new plastic range of models soon!

erfunk said...

Just figured Chaos couldn't be the only ones with the power to tempt!

But back on topic, Tzeentch holds a special place for me. I have a small 1k Sons force, but never picked up a box of Horrors (despite owning some Screamers and a Herald). I might need to soon.

Eldrad Vect said...

Tzeentch is a fun Daemons army to play, all those powers and random stuff is really cool, a friend of mine plays a Tzeentch Daemons force and let me tell ya, when 3 Pink Horrors are destroy an entire 9 man Sternguard unit, you know your doing it right...

jabberjabber said...

I'm still a Nurgle devotee XD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries