Warpstone Flux Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4/5 stars. The rules are hot!
Background.
Built especially for the close quarters of Zone Mortalis, the Infernus configuration of the Castellax replaces the usual melta weaponry with purging incinerators and flamers that are well suited to vaporize entire tight corridors of enemies.
Strengths.
The purge incinerator is a template weapon with S=6, breaching and panic. Strictly better than a heavy flamer, but still not with the valuable AP=3 for dealing with space marines. It does, however, have AP=4 which makes it very effective against mortal squads.
The power blades are good as is the phased refractor shields which augment the already good T=6 and W=4 with a space marine like saving throw. Vanguard and firing protocols round this out.
Weaknesses.
No real long range threat. This is a pure flame build with excellent close combat potential. Although I like the incinerator, I did wonder if the multi-melta might still have been preferable? I'm on the fence.
Builds.
There are no options here to discuss other than the number of Castellax to use in the unit. These extra bodies don't come with a discount, so I'd suggest taking whatever your points cost or build aesthetic wants or needs.
There are no options here to discuss other than the number of Castellax to use in the unit. These extra bodies don't come with a discount, so I'd suggest taking whatever your points cost or build aesthetic wants or needs.

No comments:
Post a Comment